Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blog Tips--Sliding and Flashing Texts

This is actually an update of an earlier post I did--Thanks for the assist, IDV! Ever wonder how some posts have flashing text? or the words just slide across the post? Well, I discovered two tags that that help create this effect in posts. Now I got the idea of the sliding words from MJ's post calling for computer tips. It was Kapitano's suggestion to use the marquee tags.

Now, the marquee tags cause the words to slide across the screen, like this:
***Slide Slide Slippity Slide ***
These are the tags you need to make the words slide:

Type the red words (tags) just exactly the way they are in the example. Don't forget the backslash (/) in the closed (second) tag. Type whatever words you want to see sliding in between the tags.

Marquee tags work for both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. If you have a blog, you can practice using these tags in the Compose Post screen.

To see the flashing text, you have to realize that it only works in Mozilla Firefox like browsers, not Internet Explorer. So if you're using Internet Explorer, you won't be able to see the flashing text. To make the text blink and flash like this:

XXX Live Nudes XXX

Here are the tags you need:


Go ahead and practice on your blog to see if it works. Remember, the flashing/blinking tags can only be seen on Firefox or similar browsers, and it cannot be seen in Internet Explorer.

Let me know if you have any questions. Even better, let me know if you have any other helpful blog tips that can be shared here.

8 comments:

  1. I tried one of your many excellent blogging tips right after I learned about it from you back in November.

    Click here to see the flashing Famularse...

    (the WORD "Famularse" not the arse itself, I should add)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not a blogging tip but is a computer question nonetheless.

    I often drink whilst blogging.

    What should I do if I spill liquid on my keyboard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIF IMAGES...

    A couple of times I posted GIF images and they worked. In other words, they were animated as they should be.

    But other times I've posted GIF images and they're static. No motion.

    Can you explain this?

    What do I have to do to make sure a GIF image moves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. MJ x3, Ah, yes, you definitely put what you learn to practice. I was proud (yet horrified) at the creative use of the blinking text.

    As for the wet keyboard, I can only suggest using protection. Liquids spills on keyboards can damage and destroy your computer. I've read some people had success with unplugging and drying their computer, but that doesn't always work. Perhaps a plastic shield for the keyboard. It's a cheaper alternative (less than $20) than having to get a new computer.

    Or you can just stop drinking near your computer.

    But if you do find yourself craving a drink while blogging, perhaps you could use a sports bottle or some other type of covered cup for your liquids.

    As for your last question regarding gifs, it inspired me to do another post. So I hope I've answered your gif questions there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll get a sippy cup for my Jamesons.

    I heart your blogging tips posts.

    You're a natural teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I enjoy doing them because I get to share something new that I've learned and it helps people :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still think you should just fly around the country formatting all of our blog posts for us. Or set up a 1-800 number.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snooze, That would be a dream job.

    ReplyDelete