A few weeks ago, I was double tagged by alluring Aussie T-Bird and chic Dane CyberPete to blog about 5 things. Well, I've been a little busy but as fortune would have it, I had some unexpected free time today to get this done.
5 things in my bag:
Well, I don't have a bag per se, but I do have a backpack that I take to work and places sometimes. And in that backpack, I've got my:
1. Gray hoodie--for those cold days and nights, or when trying to go incognito from fans, fanatics, or the fuzz (cops).
2. Pens, tablets, and a planner--to write down important things, like directions to a party, or phone numbers when you want to reach out and touch someone, or if they want to reach out and touch you, and notes, of course.
3. Solar calculator--in case I have to do lots and lots of math.
(Click on pic to enlarge or right click on pic, then open in new tab)
4. My flashlight tool, or should I say weapon, a means of protection.
That tool has a working light at one end and a blade at the other. It was a gift from an outfit I used to work with a long time ago. While most companies gave their employees coffee mugs or pens, my boss gave us weapons. Of course, given the hazardous working environment and some backstabbing coworkers, it was an appropriate holiday gift.
5. Extra protection, Durex Gold,
keeping the world safe from the dangers of STDs or worse, having children! Actually, these are more like collectors items for me. I got them as a gift from a do buddy; I like the shiny packaging; reminds me of chocolate candy. I actually have other brands that I use, as these are just too pretty to use! But, hey, if I needed them and they were the only ones available, then pretty packaging be damned! I ain't planning to pee fire and the only person I want to bottle feed is me, with a beer after a long day at work!
5 favorite things in my room:
I chose the dining room because it's where I like to sit and write letters. In the dining room, the first thing that everyone comments on is my
1. Bruce Lee poster, proudly tacked on the wall
This posters was from a do buddy who had originally purchased it as a gift for another fella. In fact, that fella's name is written on the back in of the poster in one of the corners. Ah yes, Enter the Dragon!
2. The genie bottles or at least that's what I call these 7 red glass bottles I got from another do buddy. She was a glassmaker, and these were left overs from a project she had sold to some clients. She was going to throw these away, but I thought they looked fantastic, so she gave them to me. I keep 3 of these bottles on the dining room table.
3. The genie bottles complement the Old Cartography placemats and coasters that caught my eye when I was in a store years ago. They only cost me a buck.
Truthfully, I rarely use them. When I do have people over, they do use them, but I don't use coasters or placemats when I'm by myself. I just like looking at them.
4. The tea cannisters I received as a gift
I like the canister art; it's reminiscent of Art Nouveau...also, I like tea...hot, iced, so long as it's sweet, I'll drink it!
5. Finally, on the top of those tea canisters, I keep my Fortunes Xmas Tin; it's actually a small snack tin that came in a Xmas snack gift. I like the tin, and I use it to keep all my favorite fortunes from fortune cookies! And everyone knows just how much more fun fortunes are when you add the words "in bed" at the end.
I like the dining room, because it's quiet. I'm far enough away from the tv that I won't be tempted to turn it on and distract me.
5 things I've always wanted to do:
Well, it could really be summed up in one word: Travel
1. I'd like to see the natural wonders of the world: The Grand Canyon; Niagara Falls; Victoria Falls; The Amazon; Angel Falls; Mauna Loa; Kilauea; Antarctica; etc...
2. I'd like to tour the Pacific Islands; Tahiti during Heiva; check out the Rapa Nui Moai; explore the exotic lands of New Zealand; etc...
3. I'd like to see Europe; check out the different countries that border the Mediterranean and the North Sea; see the castles; try the wines; enjoy the festivals; ride the trains; the Coliseum; the Eiffel Tower; Big Ben; the Greek archipelago; Vikings, biking, hiking, oh, my...maybe see a nun singing and twirling while the hills come alive; etc...
4. I'd like to see Australia; kangaroos; koalas; platypus; Ayers Rock; Sydney Opera House; black opals; blue penguins; the Outback; the Great Barrier Reef; performing drag queens in a crosscountry tour on a colorful bus; etc...
5. I'd like to see Asia; the Great Wall of China; Tibet; the lost cities of Angkor near Thailand and the Seven Pagodas in India; the Shaolin Temple; etc...
5 things I'm currently into:
1. Bob Marley, Legend,
This is the second CD I've had to buy; the first was lent out and never returned--bastards! Although some of my faves are One Love, Buffalo Soldier, No Woman No Cry, the one song that speaks to me has always been Could You Be Loved. The beat always gets to me.
2. I'm hooked on Battlestar Galactica, the current SciFi version. Those writers from Star Trek Deep Space 9 have done a fantastic job of reinventing the original! Even better, Xena returns in the next episodes!
3. Adult Swim; I'm recording episodes of Bleach along with the Saturday Nite lineup, so I can watch them when I'm home. Shin Chan in freakin hilarious!
4. Tropical Fruits: Mangoes, Pineapples, and Coconut. Since my recent trip to Hawaii, I've been enjoying eating these. Strange, as when I was younger, I didn't like pineapples; now, I eat the stuff and incorporate it into a lot of meals that I make.
5. Finally, I'm currently digging Polynesian Music, also a result of my recent vacation. There's a wide variety out there, and part of the fun is just discovering which ones I like, such as this one by Fenua "E Vahine Maohi E"
The fifth part of this exercise is to tag 5 other people to do the same; but I'll let you decide whether or not to let us into a very brief tour of your home (and your mind). Just let me know if you decide to share!