Monday, October 22, 2018

Crackers

I was in the mood for some buttered crackers dipped in sweet hot tea. I had the tea and butter, but no crackers. So off to the store I went. I was going to buy my usual plain saltines, but I got curious about the varieties present in the store.

I stood in front of the crackers aisle, trying to decide which type of crackers to buy. I picked up a box of an intriguing flavor and started reading the ingredients and nutritional information.

Suddenly, a hand reached for a box of crackers in front of me, and a woman's voice from behind me said, "I'm just going to give you a reach around."

I couldn't resist replying, "That's the best offer I've had all week!"

She blushed and laughed out loud and said, "I just wanted to get my hands on some crackers."

So I said, "You can call it whatever you want. You're welcome to it!"

We both left the crackers aisle laughing.

14 comments:

  1. hahaha! Lucky you both had a slightly risque sense of humour. Thee days, chaps get arrested for less...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinahmow, It was the most fun I've had at the grocery store in a while. I found it quite interesting how she said what she said instead of a simple 'Excuse me, I'm just going to reach for those crackers.'

      Delete
  2. This cracked me up, after I got over the whole buttered and dipped in tea thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deedles, Buttered crackers dipped in tea is a regional thing. Kind of like when I first moves to Texas and found that iced tea comes unsweetened! You have to add sugar. Or like some people make cornbread unsweetened! I grew up on sweet cornbread!

      All I know is, I shall never look at a box of crackers the same way again.

      Delete
  3. LOL Very funny! Tea in the evening instead of a nightcap has been my go-to beverage for the last 10 days! Meds remind you of good things sometimes. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savannah, Hot tea is perfect for cold weather and for recovering from illness. It is one of my fave beverages, hot or cold. Get well soon!

      Delete
  4. It's almost a "Carry On". I think you'd fit in in jolly old England quite nicely.

    Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If England has crackers, I'd have no problems living there!

      Delete
  5. I'm JEALOUS! I have never had anyone grab my cracker in a store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, that's what the cool kids are calling it these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm pleasantly surprised at how assertive women have become!

      Delete
  7. England has crackers! And floury baps.
    No, I'm still not past the buttered bakery product dunked in tea, but I'm pleased you had fun at the store!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarlet, I had a good laugh! And got to enjoy my crackers!

      Delete