If you're like me, you use Comment Notification Email to keep track of when someone leaves a comment (or spam) on your blog. And if you share my situation, you've probably noticed that since 26th of May 2018, Comment Notification Email has stopped working.
On the Blogger Help Forum, Blogger has admitted there is a problem and they are working on a solution after numerous bloggers reported the problem. It took a while (over a month) before Blogger reported they had fixed the problem.
Only, they hadn't! And if they did, they didn't do a good job of explaining how to fix the problem! In fact, I still can't find a post from Blogger telling us how to fix the problem.
Thankfully, bloggers are an intrepid and helpful bunch--a skill essential given how unhelpful and useless Blogger is at solving the problems that arise. I followed a thread where on 3 July 2018, P-town Tom shared a fix.
It worked for me. Thank you, P-town Tom. And in the spirit of bloggers looking out for each other and helping our own little communities, I will share that solution:
1. Go to Blogger Dashboard (Click on the orange square with white letter B icon in the left upper corner of your blog. Or go to Google classic homepage and sign into Blogger).
2. Click on Settings in the left hand side menu of the Blogger Dashboard.
3. Under Settings, Click on Email.
4. In the Comment Notification Email box, delete all email addresses. The box should be empty. Click on blue Save Settings box in the upper right side.
5. Now enter/type your email address in the Comment Notification Email box. Click on Save Settings box.
6. Check your email. There should be an email from Blogger titled "Comment subscription request from...[Your Blog Name]". Open email and Click on Subscribe. That should now fix Comment Notification Email.
If the fix works for you, then please share it with others. We have to help each other to keep our blogging communities alive and thriving. We need to take care of ourselves, because it's the only way we can keep going, blogging, and sharing ideas and making our blogging villages better and stronger and wiser.
I'm going to add this post to the side bar, under Helpful Hints, at least for the rest of the month.
Let me know if the fix worked for you. And please share it with others. Thank you.