Friday, March 1, 2019

Workout

This morning I did a short run, focusing more on speed than distance. At the end of several sprints, I walked a bit before stopping to do some stretches. I was catching my breath, trying to rally up the energy to do one last sprint home.

I was in front of a newly built motel, just a block from home. As I was stretching my legs, a stranger came out of the motel. He was a fellow about my age and height, with a lean built. He nodded at me and I nodded back.

He walked up to me and said, "You look tired. Are you experiencing any pain or soreness in your back and legs? I'm a massage therapist. Why don't you come inside and enjoy the sauna and hot tub. And if you want, I can work any pain and soreness away."

I wasn't feeling any pain or soreness. And I told him so and thanked him for the offer as I did my shoulder stretches. How about that? The kindness of strangers is so rare these days. But as much as I enjoy a good sauna and hot tub, I had to get ready for the day.

Feeling energetic, I took off for one last sprint. I was rejuvenated after some cool down stretches and a hot shower. I was ready to take on the day.

When I told my coworkers about my run, they laughed and said that motel dude was trying to pick me up. They were stretching the truth.

I just replied he was just being friendly. That just made them snicker and make cheeky innuendos. I told them they're just jealous because no one offered to massage them.

Either way, I'll just take it as a compliment that someone wanted to be nice to me. For the rest of the day, I had a pep in my step and felt good and upbeat. A good workout is an excellent start to a great day.

6 comments:

  1. "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."

    Blanche DuBois
    A Streetcar Named Desire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LX, Everytime I hear that line, I think of the Golden Girls scene, where they accompany Blanche's daughter to a sperm bank.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Norma, It's always lovely to be reminded that one is shtupable!

      Delete
  3. I have missed you friend!

    And I think he wanted to make you feel better alright!!!!!!!! Take it from moi darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maddie, I've missed you, too! If I had the day off, I may have considered the offer. I love hot tubs! Especially in winter!

      Delete